Music Ministry Volunteer Opportunities
“Praise Him with the trumpet blast; praise Him with the lyre and harp! Praise Him with timbrel and processional; praise Him on stringed instruments and flutes! Praise Him with clashing cymbals! Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!” Psalm 150:3-6
Special Music Opportunities for All Ages:
Music for Adults (Ages 13 through age 100+)
- The Hosanna Choir, a group of dedicated and God-gifted men and women, provide relevant and celebratory music for the traditional worship time. Rehearsals are on Wednesday evenings and the choir sings 2 or 3 worship times per month during the school year.
- Bells of Praise and Bells of Grace are adult handbell groups that offer special music for our worship experience. Practices and performances are scattered throughout the fall and spring, as well around the Christmas and Easter holidays.
- Celebration Singers is a choir made up of young and not-so-young adults (ages 13-100+) who love to sing and have fun praising our Lord. This large group prepares and performs a Christmas Cantata each year and sings during Holy Week and Easter.
- Holiday worship often includes brass ensembles. Other instrumentalists are also welcome. Hosanna is blessed with many talented musicians and we encourage all who want to participate in our music ministry.
- Senior High Youth (Grades 9-12) are invited to participate in Prayz Teams. These “sing and dance” teams enthusiastically lead music during worship and Connect U Kids large group time. Contact Lynn or Mary at email@example.com for more information about Prayz Teams.
Music for Children (Pre-K through 5th Grade)
- Children enrolled in Hosanna’s Connect U Kids enjoy singing to the fun, upbeat music provided during the large group time. The lyrics of these songs coordinate with the Big God Story, making for a meaningful and great experience for the students and leaders alike! Occasionally the children share the music they have learned during worship.
- First through 5th grade children may sing, narrate, and act in the Christmas program held each year in December. Pre-K and Kindergarten-aged children sing Christmas pieces and recite simple poems about the birth of our Savior, Jesus. All children share the “Good News of Great Joy!”
- In 2017, a children’s choir was formed so that children, grades 2-5, could sing and share about Jesus’ resurrection–He is alive! The choir sang at the “kids style” Easter worship on Easter Saturday.
To learn more about children’s music opportunities, contact Lynn or Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 507-388-1766.
For more information on Hosanna’s music ministry, please contact the Director of Music, 507-388-1766, or send an email to email@example.com
You may also express your interest in serving as a music volunteer by clicking on the form below and completing it. The information will be forwarded to the appropriate staff person. Thank you for your interest!
“Make a joyful noise unto the Lord!” Psalm 98:4